Coastal Living Food and Boatgating
|University of Washington|
Coastal Living maintains their tranquil influence and connection to football by giving us their Top Tailgating Recipes. Go over to Coastal Living to check out all 23 of their recommended tailgating recipes."...Jerry Wilcoxon has docked between rival vessels, school banners fiercely fluttering in the St. Johns River breeze.
"Food, friends, and football make a perfect weekend," declares his wife, Jennifer. "But the water brings tranquillity to the chaos."
|This quick and easy salad is perfect for a last-minute addition to your tailgate or barbecue. The apple yogurt adds an extra punch of sweet flavor while keeping the dish lower in fat.|
1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple-flavored yogurt
- Microwave raisins and apple juice in a microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 30 seconds. Let stand 2 minutes; drain. Place raisins and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl; toss to combine.
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 cup seeded and chopped tomato
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fresh jumbo lump crabmeat, drained
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- Combine first 11 ingredients in a large nonstick skillet; place over low heat, and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Gently fold in crabmeat. Spoon into serving bowl, and garnish, if desired.
Chocolate Coca-Cola CakeNot only does this cake travel well, but it's also moist and gooey and topped off with a decadent Coca Cola-infused icing.
- 1 cup butter
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 cup cola soft drink
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Chocolate Coca-Cola Icing
- Combine flour, sugar, and baking soda in a large bowl; stir in butter mixture. Add eggs, and stir until blended. Stir in buttermilk, vanilla, and marshmallows.
- Pour into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking pan. Bake at 350º for 25 to 30 minutes or until a pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven; spread Chocolate Coca-Cola Icing over warm cake.
Note: Prepare the icing during the last 10 minutes of baking so it is ready to spoon onto the warm cake.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/3 cup cola soft drink
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until butter melts. Remove from heat; stir in powdered sugar, vanilla, and pecans. Spoon immediately over warm cake.