Gameday Tailgate Breakfast Food to Go
Morning tailgate? Football weekend houseguests? Whip these up as the hostess or for the hostess.
They're the tailgating trinity...portable, yummy and just fine to eat at room temp.
Breakfast Omelet Muffins
1 pound Italian Sausage (sweet, mild, hot variety depending on your preference)
1 cup broccoli florets
1/2 cup chopped chives
1 onion chopped and sauteed
8 large eggs
1/4 cup milk (or half and half depending on how you're feeling that day)
1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp baking powder
salt & pepper to taste
Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese as needed
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. In a large saute pan, over medium high heat, brown Italian Sausage and chopped onion for about 5 minutes, or until the sausage is no longer pink. Remove from heat and stir in broccoli.
3. Whisk together eggs, milk, oil and baking powder. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Lightly spray a 12-cupcake pan with oil.Spoon out the sausage and broccoli mixture evenly into each cupcake.
5. Ladle the egg mixture over sausage and broccoli.
6. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Head over to Six in the Suburbs for more tailgate treats like
Originally published by Gameday.Style in football season 2012. External links and products featured may not still be available.